DSSI Return On Investment: A Cost Calculator for Paper-Based Filing
According to studies by PricewaterhouseCoopers:
- Of all the pages that get handled each day in the average office, 90 percent are merely shuffled.
- The average document gets copied 13 times
- Companies spend $20 in labor to file a document, $120 in labor to find a misfiled document, and $220 in labor to reproduce a lost document.
- 7.5 percent of all documents are lost, 3 percent of the remainder are misfiled
- Professionals spend 5 to 15 percent of their time reading information, but up to 59 percent looking for it
- There are over 4 trillion paper documents in the U.S. alone – growing at a rate
of 22 percent per year
Taking a realistic look at the hard costs associated with your manual filing system may prove to be quite shocking. Get a detailed picture of what your associated paper costs are by tryinig ROI calculator